Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Selling Shoes on eBay


One day, my girlfriend was clearing out her closet and preparing for new clothes and shoes. Now, we are both big on the idea of donating clothing items. However, she had a couple of pairs of sandals that I considered trying to sell on eBay. After all, they were originally expensive and still had some wearable life. She agreed and I got down to business.


In my lifetime, I have bought a few things off eBay, but had never experienced the selling side of things. So, I had no real idea of what to expect. I followed the instructions to the letter, included some photos, even one while she was wearing to demonstrate the full effect. My description was honest, making note of the "worn" condition.



The first day, I noticed a fairly large number of watchers. However, nobody took the purchasing plunge. The next morning, however, things started to turn strange. We received a few messages, including these doozies:

"Very pretty feet! love your cute toes"

"How good can u wiggle n curl your toes?"

Bizarre, but mild, right? I knew there have been girls who have had creepers offer money for worn socks, but shoes too? Well, it get's better, as the senders get bolder.

"Hi! Do you take requests? I might buy these sandals if you could do a request with them? :)"

"Hi! do u by chance have a pair of your worn socks??your feet are very lovely! Thanks!"

"Your feet and toes are INCREDIBLE !! please email me as i would love to buy sweaty ankle socks."

Okay, now that we've all thrown-up in our mouth just a little bit, hold on. Yes, there are more messages flowing in. Brace yourself for these:

"I know what what s requirements are about cleaning them.. But you can skip that..lol ;)"

That one came from the actual buyer of the first pair. He paid a lot of money, considering he was purchasing 4-year-old old shoes. Something tells me that he wasn't planning on wearing...oh wait a minute, I don't even want to think about what he had planned for them.

The second pair were sold to a similar buyer, with all of the similar questions. However, he wanted to even buy new replacement shoes in exchange for photos. He wrote:

"Since you said you loved these so much in the description I would like to buy you another pair of Bini sandals very similar to these. Photos attached. I hope you will let me send them to you. Send me an address to mail them to when you contact me at my address. photos are attached.

Txks"

And:

"If I bought these (he included a photo of shoes he wanted to send us) would you send me pics of you wearing them. I'd LOVE nudes but it's ok if you don't want to. Perhaps a string bikini if you wanted or enjoy hot teasing. Beautiful legs. Please forgive me if you have a significant other. If so lets forget about this. If you want to I'd LOVE to send you high heels you keep and have you take pics of you wearing them and send them to me. Would you? Let me know as soon as possible please. I hope you will. You're SO HOT lets see how wild you are. I' m dying to see you in nothing but a string bikini strutting in a pair of high heeled platform sandals I send you. Your beautiful.

Txks"

He too, paid much more than expected. Both pairs of sandals started a bidding war between like-minded buyers. My girlfriend and I had a few laughs over the messages, but couldn't find it within ourselves to really be offended. I guess everyone has their own thing that makes them tick. We did decide to let that be our last experiment with selling shoes on eBay.

By the way, as for letting the second buyer send her new shoes in exchange for modeling photos? Um, thanks dude, but no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment